Hi! I’m Alex, a Seattle-based graphic designer and illustrator. After working as a freelance scenic artist in New York City for a few years, I changed course and started working as a graphic designer in publishing. I have a passion for story-driven and conceptual work, combining my background as a theater artist with my experience as a graphic designer. I love working closely with other artists to help build their brand or with companies working on projects to engage customers.
When I’m not working I enjoy cooking, replaying Dragon Age: Inquisition for the nth time, and drawing. You can view my illustration portfolio here.
University of Central Florida
B.F.A. Theatre Design and Technology, 2013
The Juilliard School
Scenic Painting Student Internship, 2013–2014
Columbia Publishing Course, 2016
Netsertive • Seattle, WA
Sep 2018 – Present
• Responsible for designing interactive video and rich media ads using the Mixpo proprietary software.
• Work includes static rich media ads built in Photoshop as well as animated HTML5 ads built in Animate.
Alexis Castellanos Designs • Seattle, WA
• Some clients include Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, Flatiron Books, and Bloomsbury. Graphic design work varies from digital and print marketing assets, book cover design, animation, and book trailers.
Bloomsbury • New York, NY
August 2016–August 2018
• Designed advertisements and promotional materials for marketing and publicity teams in children’s, adult, and special interest divisions.
• Work included designing print and digital advertisement campaigns, promotional items like enamel pins and tote bags, animated covers, email newsletters, and videos.
• Worked with team to brainstorm ideas for marketing campaigns.
• Managed the design and routing of galleys for the children’s division.